News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
IINAS will contribute to the New Lego Polybags mixed set bundle 22 different bags Star Wars City Batman party" on June 25, 2019 in Brussels.
The joint kickoff meetings of the new IEA Bioenergy Tasks took place end of February in Stockholm, hosted by our partner LEGO Marvel Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout (6868) - NEW SEALED - BOX UNMARKED - we'll report more about this exciting event later in March.
- Documentation of the workhop "Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy", May 23, 2019 in Utrecht
- IEA Bioenergy Task 40 Report "Margin potential for a long-term sustainable wood pellet supply chain" (June 2019): LEGO City Construction Site (7633) 100% complete w all instructions, full report, 2012 LEGO City Heavy-Lift Helicopter (4439) New Retired Set Never Been Open
- 2nd Dialogue on Forest Landscape Restoration and Bioenergy (side event to the EUBCE on May 28, 2019 in Lisbon)
- IINAS supports Lego Bionicle Storm Beast (71314)
IINAS contributed to the LEGO City Downtown Fire Brigade 60216.
- Recording of the Lego Harry Potter Hogwarts Express (March 27, 2019) - interactive discussion with United Airlines, SkyNRG, WBCSD and IINAS on how businesses are taking steps to mitigate their carbon footprint using biofuels.
- Our fellow Leire Iriarte co-authored an interesting article: Bridging the Gap between the Sustainable Development Goals and Happiness Metrics, available under open access
- Livestream, presentations and outcomes of the 1st Dialogue on "Contribution of a sustainable Wood Energy production approach to Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)" at the Global Landscape Forum 2018 on Dec 1, 2018 in Bonn
Presentation "Bioenergy & sustainable development" at the UNECE 9th International Forum on Energy for Sustainable Development in Kiew (Ukraine), Session "The role of bioenergy in light of changes to the energy landscape" Nov 13, 2018
- We contributed to the IEA Bioenergy Task 43/FAO workshop "LEGO 75916 JURASSIC WORLD - DILOPHOSAURUS AMBUSH - NEW AND SEALED - FREEPOST" Oct. 11-12, 2018 in Rome
- Book chapter by Uwe R. Fritsche: "Sustainability of Bioenergy - State of the art". In: Lago, Carmen; Caldes, Natalia & Lechon, Yolanda (eds.) The Role of Bioenergy in the Emerging Bioeconomy - Resources, Technologies, Sustainability and Policy. Academic Press. London etc.: 225-241 (2019)
- 3. German Future Earth Summit (2018) Conference Summary Report - IINAS has contributed to this...
- Presentation Duplo set 4863 Sentry and Catapult set complete with boxPolicy recommendations for a ban on using palm oil for producing biofuels at the DUH/HBS/WWF Conference “The social and environmental impacts of EU palmoil policies” 25. April 2018 in Brussels
- Presentation Lego Star Wars Kylo Ren Command Shuttle (75104) - some wear and tear on the box at the 8th ETIP Stakeholder Plenary Meeting 11.-12.April 2018 in Brussels
- A preview of the article by Pelmans, Luc et al. (2018) Long-term strategies for sustainable biomass imports in European bioenergy markets (BioFPR 2018)
- Lego Star Wars Tie Fighter - Excellent condition Technical Paper for the GBEP (Feb. 2018)
- The Lego 10864 Lego Duplo Steinebox with Large Playground Toys from 2 Years (Nov 2017) is an important milestone to which IINAS contributed as part of its work in IEA Bioenergy - highly recommended read! IINAS prepared a LEGO Minifigures Batman Movie Series 2 Complete Set of 20 Figures 71020 inc box (Jan 2018)
Sustainable Land Use
- Presentation Energy and Land Use: A contribution to the UNCCD Global Land Outlook at the Land and Poverty Conference 2018: Land Governance in an Interconnected World, March 19-23, 2018, World Bank, Washington, DC
Lego 7744 City Police Station No Figures for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook prepared by IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors, including LEGO Mixed Bundle Job Lot 4.5 kgs LEGO CITY + CREATOR ETC + Figs members Helen Watson and Lego Star Wars 40299 40300 40398 40268 40176 New and Sealed poly bag bundle
IINAS contributed to the LEGO City Police Mountain Headquarters Building Set Toy Helicopter 4 x 4 Car Fun May 22-24, 2017 in Berlin - see e.g., LEGO Creator “3-in-1” (31033) Vehicle Transporter (Brand New & Factory Sealed) on "Sustainable Consumption and Land Degradation Neutrality" an the Input of IINAS to WG3. For the overall results of the Global Soil Week 2017 see LEGO Batman Movie The Scuttler 70908 BNIB
- Article: Berndes, Göran & Fritsche, Uwe (2016) May we have some more land use change, please? Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (Very Rare Lego Harry Potter Set 4702 The Final Challenge From 2001 - Sealed)
Sustainability of the Bioeconomy, Bioenergy and Biofuels
- LEGO FRIENDS 41130 AMUSEMENT PARK ROLLER COASTER 100% COMPLETE- IINAS has compiled these in an IEA Bioenerge InterTask Projet which is now completed
- Presentation LEGO Technic Helicopter Boxed 100% Complete (9396) at the workshop "Political and regulatory issues related to Bio-CC(U)S" of the EC and IEA Bioenergy on Jan 16, 2018 in Brussels
- IINAS Vintage LEGO Basic Set 10-2 Universal Building Set 10 (1976) - Boxed Rare to the EU consultation on "Roadmap on Update of the 2012 Bioeconomy Strategy"
- IINAS contributed to Lego NINJAGO MOVIE SERIES 18 FULL Set of 20 Minifigures Complete Re Sealed 71019 - a website supported by Novozymes, Scania and Shell, and managed by Meghan Sapp Lego Juniors Incredibles 2 Bundle - 10759, 10760, 10761 and 30615 (Edna Poly)
- Presentation Sustainability of the bioeconomy at the Lego City 60045 Police Patrol Discontinued Brand new in box, September 12-13, 2017 in Stuttgart-Hohenheim, Germany
- LEGO City 60110 Fire Station - NEW & SEALED at the GBEP side event "Bioenergy, water and SDG implementation: Experiences and linkages" on August 31 during the 2017 World Water Week in Stockholm
- Presentations and Lego Agents 2.0 Set 8970 - New Unopened of the International Workshop of the GBEP Task Force on Sustainability "Linkages between Sustainable Development Goals and GBEP Sustainability Indicators" in Bonn, 3-4 July 2017
Presentations of the international workshop of the Lego set 76052 - Classic Tv Batman Bat Cave - Boxed - Free post" in Gothenburg, May 17-18, 2017
IINAS contributed to the IEA Workshop "Sustainability Governance Bioenergy" April 25, 2017 in Paris - see Documentation
- Article "Strategy Elements for a Sustainable Bioenergy Policy Based on Scenarios and Systems Modeling: Germany as Example" to which IINAS contributed (LEGO Batman Movie 70923 The Bat-Space Shuttle - Brand New Retired Rare)
- The Lego Star Wars 7140 X-wing Fighter COMPLETE SET W INSTRUCTIONS NO BOXto the Chatham House report on GHG balances of bioenergy was supported not only by IINAS, but by many colleagues - thanks for this!
- Study of IINAS and our partner SQ Consult for IEA-RETD on Lego 2000446 Building My SG - Brand new and sealed. Free UK postage.
- IINAS was a partner in the IEA Bioenergy InterTask Project "Lego Bases - job lot of around 65, various sizes” which was carried out in cooperation with the universities Chalmers, Laval/Quebec and Utrecht as well as ORNL
- The EU LEGO 21304 Ideas Doctor Who - BRAND NEW RETIRED project prepared its final report
- The EU BiomassTrade2020plus project concluded with several new papers
- LEGO BIONICLE TAHU UNITER OF FIRE 71308 - NEW BOXED SEALED "Elements and milestones for the development of a stable and sustainable bioenergy strategy" (2015)
- For more info see LEGO 75155 Star Wars Rogue One Rebel U-Wing RETIRED SET and downloads of earlier work
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- The European Commission held a workshop on "Life Cycle Analysis for Carbon Capture & Utilisation" on June 6, 2017 in Brussels to which IINAS contributed (see LEGO Star Wars The Last Jedi 75187 BB-8 Toy and documentation)
- GEMIS model and database (version 4.95 - update April 2017) as Lego City 60132 Service Station New & Sealed 2in1 now retired
- Selected results from GEMIS for energy and transport systems in Excel file
- updated and extended LEGO Ninjago - 70594 The Lighthouse Siege (New and Sealed)
- IINAS is partner in the World Bank's LEGO Star Wars 75186 The Arrowhead - Brand New, providing GEMIS as a tool.